- Added the ability to upgrade account to Premium using coins in the Account > Subscription page. Note that this is just preliminary work for our full blown subscriptions system since there is no way to earn coins except through the mobile app.
- Add multi-language alternate names for all videos
- Search is now able to search videos using any language
- Add indicators for filtering options to potentially help those confused about search results
- Changed search engine being used on primary website
- Added channel links to community contributors in Browse -> Images page.
- Added Discord account integration into the site. Once integrated, Discord uploads go directly to your channel.
- Merge all usernames uniformly to look like Discord format
- Channel banner images now span edge to edge even on very high resolution screens
- Community uploaded images are better displayed using their natural image ratios now instead of all being squares
- Fixed problem with your avatar not showing up immediately when replying to a comment
- Fixed crash bug that occurs if you enter and leave the video page too fast
- Fixed problem with members seeing a blank white screen when trying to subscribe for premium in our mobile app
- Added more paid positions for hire in our team page
- Minor visual fixes to Search page
- Fixed a major login bug that prevented people who have reset their passwords from logging into the mobile app
- Image preferences are now saved to your account
- Implemented initial media stream of images and video clips sourced from our community.
- Fixed race condition that prevented comments from loading sometimes
- Fixed problem involving playlist image sometimes taking on banner's image instead.
- Added the ability to reply to people using Contact Us form even when they dont supply a response email
- Fixed crash bug when commenting under specific conditions
- Pushed staging website to hanime.tv main site
- Added slightly more obvious link to the old website for those that have potato phones or don't like change
- Ads in the area around video player are now removed when video is played
- Improved middle mouse click support on some links
- Fixed playlist panel not loading the Show More button
- Add the ability to customize your own playlist cover thumbnails. You can do this in the Customize Channel page, under the Playlists listing.
- Completed the layout for the Join Our Team page. Posted two initial positions for our team. More will come eventually.
- Fixed a bug that was forcing every new member's name to be all lowercase. You can rename yourselves now
- Removed the initial delay preventing user comment from being posted
- Added ability to edit and delete your comments on video pages
- Added the ability to post images inside comments by pasting in image URLs
- Fixed error with "Load More Comments" button being shown and it shouldnt sometimes
- Re-enabled the volume controls slider and button inside the video player for phones and tablets, for those that want that finer level of volume controls
- Fix graphical issues with user comments on phones with extremely small view screens
- Prevent accidentally going to next video when you touch/click on the next video button even though the video controls are not visible
- Fixed Search page problem where it stopped working if you revisit the page multiple times.
- We are focusing on community and social features for this website. As such, today's update is the initial release of commenting on videos; and a subtle link to our new Discord.
- When someone marks a playlist as private just as you are about to view it, there will now be a warning message saying playlist is private in the video page
- Show each playlist's view count in the channel page
- Display views and avatar icon for playlist when playing a playlist in video page
- Fixed bug that was preventing people's playlists' views counter from incrementing most of the time
- All members that have not decided to use a custom avatar image are now assigned a random icon from our collection
- Moved avatar icon on top of shadow above the banner image in channel page
- Contact Us form should no longer cry about invalid email when the optional email field is blank
- Tapping on open region above video player's control bar will now toggle play/pause video as expected
- Removed the volume changing when middle mouse scrolling on video player
- Fix navigating pages problems when Browsing a specific brand
- Improved breadcrumbs navigational items when in Browse pages
- Safari on Mac OSX should now be seeing the proper ads instead of nothing
- Fixed search results not returning the new videos uploaded to the site
- Fix scrollbar graphical glitches
- Similar playlists to the video being watched are now visible in the video page
- Optimized video page to load faster when playing playlists that are huge (200+ videos)
- Added link w/ copy-to-clipboard ability into channel page so you can get the public link to your channel easier
- Fixed errors with input text validation when editing your channel
- Fixed display bugs with channel description, location, website url, etc in channel page
- Added view options in the playlist page. You can switch from lists, to cards, to icons
- Added sorting options to the playlist page
Added keyboard controls to video player. Keys are:
- Space bar toggles play/pause.
- Right and Left Arrow keys seek the video forwards and back. Hold down arrow to continually seek.
- Up and Down Arrow keys increase and decrease the volume.
- M key toggles mute/unmute.
- F key toggles fullscreen off and on. (Does not work in Internet Explorer, it seems to be a limitation where scripts cannot request fullscreen without a mouse click)
- Double-clicking with the mouse toggles fullscreen off and on.
- Number keys from 0-9 skip to a percentage of the video. 0 is 0% and 9 is 90%.
- Backend fixes to better help members geographically located in Southeast Asia.
- (Hopefully) Fix visual clipping problems with showing items for "More videos from series" in video page.
- Massive rework of the entire website.
- Accounts management
- Custom channels for members
- Playlists, and the ability to share them
- Favorites are now called Likes. And you can dislike a video; not just stay neutral.
- Tons of copy written for legalese documentation.
- Browse pages. Random, Trending, browse by brands or tags, etc.
- Redesigned video page to facilitate new features.
- And tons more!